Selfish routing in transportation networks is the phenomenon where individual agents make uncoordinated greedy routing decisions. This is known not to produce a socially desirable outcome in transport and communication networks. We are using multiagent approach that leverages complex network theory, game theory and machine learning to address this general problem of the loss of social welfare that occurs due to uncoordinated behavior in networks.
Professor Mohammad Hasan, UNL
Professor Ana Bazzan, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS);
Students (Hunter College):
Funding Source: PSC-CUNY Enhanced Research Grant 2020-2021
Past Students (Cooper Union):
- Mohammad Hasan, Anita Raja and Ana Bazzan, “A Context-Aware Convention Formation Framework for Large-Scale Networks”, Extended Abstract, Proceedings of the Eighteenth International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2019), pp1533-1535.
- Mohammad Hasan, Anita Raja and Ana Bazzan, “A Context-Aware Convention Formation Framework for Large-Scale Networks“, Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (March 2019), 33(1-2): pp 1-34 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10458-018-9397-9.
- Mohammad Hasan, Ana Bazzan, Eliyahu Friedman*, Anita Raja, “A Multiagent Solution to Overcome Selfish Routing In Transportation Networks“, Proceedings of the IEEE 19th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC 2016), Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, Nov 1-3, 2016.
- Mohammad Hasan and Anita Raja “Establishing Cooperation in Highly-Connected Networks Using Altruistic Agents“, Proceedings of the IEEE/WIC/ACM Intelligent Agent Technology Conference 2015, December 6-9, 2015, Singapore.
- Mohammad Hasan, Anita Raja and Ana Bazzan “Fast Convention in Dynamic Networks using Topological Knowledge” Proceedings of the Twenty-Ninth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-15), pp 2067-2073, Jan 25-30, 2015, Austin, TX. (Acceptance Rate 26.67%)
- Mohammad Rashedul Hasan, Sherief Abdallah and Anita Raja, Topology Aware Convention Emergence, Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2014), pp. 1593-1594 May 5- 9, 2014, Paris, France.
- Mohammad Rashedul Hasan and Anita Raja, “Emergence of Cooperation using Commitments and Complex Network Dynamics”, Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE/ WIC/ ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT-2013), pp. 345-352, November 2013, Atlanta, Georgia (Acceptance Rate 30.7%). .