- Grad Center Article on Using AI to determine Preeclampsia Risks, June 2022
- Hunter College-Columbia University Team Win NIH Data Challenge, Feb 2022
- Science Goes to the Movies: “Free Guy” Meets Real AI, Interview with CUNY TV, Dec 2021
- Small Robots,Big Opportunities News story on AAAI 2020 Robotics workshop I co-chaired.
- Listed in Crain’s New York Business 2019 New York Notable Women in Tech, May 2019
- Columbia University news story on our recent NIH grant: Can AI help doctors predict and prevent preterm birth? Feb 2020
- Quoted in “Overcoming obstacles, meeting demands, staying the course“, April 2019
- Albert Nerken School of Engineering & Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Announce Exchange, Nov 2018
- My lab’s research highlighted on the historic Cooper Union Foundation Building Colonnade windows (Astor place) during Inaugration week of President of Cooper Union Laura Sparks. See here and below. February 2018
Engineering Design, Problem Solving and Health Care
- Meredith Hawkins and Anita Raja, Coming Together to Help Amputees in Uganda, The Doctors Tablet Blog, Albert Einstein School of Medicine, May 2017, (Media Link)
Smart Home Research:
- October 2014: Interviewed for and quoted in NBC Tech Innovation article “Out of Milk? Someday your Smart Home Could Fix it” by Keith Wagstaff, October 1, 2014. http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/innovation/out-milk-someday-your-smart-home-could-fix-n214921.
- Victor Lesser, Michael Atigetchi, Brett Benyo, Bryan Horling, Anita Raja, Regis Vincent, Thomas Wagner, Ping Xuan, Shelley XQ. Zhang. “The UMASS Intelligent Home Project”, Proceedings of Third International Conference on Autonomous Agents, Seattle, WA, pages 291-298, Spring 1999. (Acceptance Rate 29%).
- Victor Lesser, Michael Atighetchi, Brett Benyo, Bryan Horling, Anita Raja, Regis Vincent, Thomas Wagner, Ping Xuan, and Shelley XQ-Zhang. “The Intelligent Home Testbed”, Proceedings of Third International Conference on Autonomous Agents, Workshop on Autonomy Control Software, Seattle, WA, June 1999.