Home » News
Category Archives: News
Yiming Tang, Raffi Khatchadourian, Mehdi Bagherzadeh, Rhia Singh*, Ajani Stewart*, and Anita Raja. An empirical study of refactorings and technical debt in Machine Learning systems. In International Conference on Software Engineering, ICSE ’21. ACM/IEEE, May 2021. (138/602; 23% acceptance rate). To appear.
The Distributed Artificial Intelligence Research (DAIR) Lab has open undergraduate and Ph.D. research positions for Fall 2020 and after. Students, with a strong background in mathematics and computer science, who are interested in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are encouraged to apply. Email Prof. Raja with your resume and copy of your transcript with a note about your interest in working in the lab.
Selfish routing in transportation networks is the phenomenon where individual agents make uncoordinated greedy routing decisions. This is known not to produce a socially desirable outcome in transport and communication networks. We are using multiagent approach that leverages complex network theory, game theory and machine learning to address this general problem of the loss of social welfare that occurs due to uncoordinated behavior in networks.
Professor Mohammad Hasan, UNL
Professor Ana Bazzan, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS);
Students (Hunter College):
Funding Source: PSC-CUNY Enhanced Research Grant 2020-2021
Past Students (Cooper Union):
- Mohammad Hasan, Anita Raja and Ana Bazzan, “A Context-Aware Convention Formation Framework for Large-Scale Networks”, Extended Abstract, Proceedings of the Eighteenth International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2019), pp1533-1535.
- Mohammad Hasan, Anita Raja and Ana Bazzan, “A Context-Aware Convention Formation Framework for Large-Scale Networks“, Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (March 2019), 33(1-2): pp 1-34 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10458-018-9397-9.
- Mohammad Hasan, Ana Bazzan, Eliyahu Friedman*, Anita Raja, “A Multiagent Solution to Overcome Selfish Routing In Transportation Networks“, Proceedings of the IEEE 19th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC 2016), Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, Nov 1-3, 2016.
- Mohammad Hasan and Anita Raja “Establishing Cooperation in Highly-Connected Networks Using Altruistic Agents“, Proceedings of the IEEE/WIC/ACM Intelligent Agent Technology Conference 2015, December 6-9, 2015, Singapore.
- Mohammad Hasan, Anita Raja and Ana Bazzan “Fast Convention in Dynamic Networks using Topological Knowledge” Proceedings of the Twenty-Ninth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-15), pp 2067-2073, Jan 25-30, 2015, Austin, TX. (Acceptance Rate 26.67%)
- Mohammad Rashedul Hasan, Sherief Abdallah and Anita Raja, Topology Aware Convention Emergence, Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2014), pp. 1593-1594 May 5- 9, 2014, Paris, France.
- Mohammad Rashedul Hasan and Anita Raja, “Emergence of Cooperation using Commitments and Complex Network Dynamics”, Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE/ WIC/ ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT-2013), pp. 345-352, November 2013, Atlanta, Georgia (Acceptance Rate 30.7%). .
Served as judge for Icahn School of Medicine Health Hackathon Finals themed “Artificial Intelligence – Expanding the Limits of Human Performance” Congratulations to “Deliberate” and the other teams!